Instant Messaging Freedom, Inc.

Minutes for the 2017-09-07 Board Meeting

IM Freedom Board Meeting 2018-05-03 01:30 UTC using a Zoom.us. All times listed below in UTC.

* Preamble and call to order 01:35
* Directors Present:
   * Eion Robb, President
   * Matthew Needham, Vice President
   * Ethan Blanton, Treasurer
   * Gary Kramlich, Secretary
   * John Bailey, Director
   * Richard Laager, Director
* Minutes from previous read at 01:37
* John moves to accept minutes as read, Eion seconds, motion carries unanimously
* Treasurer’s report was not completed at time of meeting
* Eion Moved to follow up with it in writing
* Old Business
   * Richard mentioned CPanel stuff
      * John mentions we should take it up at least for IMF
      * More discussion followed about how to make that happen
   * Eion asks from someone to reach out to luke to take over the imfreedom.org domain registration
   * Talk about reach out to non pidgin/purple developers
      * Gary mentions Colin Barrett is in attendance for this
      * Eion points out that Peter Lawler is here as well
* New Business
   * Ethan is looking for a replacement as treasurer before the next meeting
   * John mentions calling another meeting for elections
      * Eion mentions doing elections today
      * Discussion about treasurer’s duties
      * Discussion about signatories
   * Eion mentions that he would like to step down as president
      * John mentions he can can take over president or vice president
   * It was determined that we need to elect our board this year and we should wait until we have the resignations
      * Richard describes our potential board positions
         * John president
         * Matthew vice president
         * Ethan to hand off to Colin as treasurer
         * Gary to remain as secretary
   * Ethan makes a motion to add a seat to the board
      * Richard seconds
      * Motion Passes
   * Ethan moves to make a slate of directors of
      * Eion Robb
      * Matthew Needham
      * Ethan Blanton
      * Gary Kramlich
      * John Bailey
      * Richard Laager
      * Colin Barrett
      * Peter Lawler
         * Gary Seconds
         * Passes unanimously
   * Gary brings up the corporation address and phone number to solve code signing certificate
      * Ethan mentions voicepulse
      * Discussion continues
      * John Makes a motion to allow pidgin to use a code signing cert obtained by IMF
         * Ethan seconds
         * Passes unanimously
      * Some discussion about making sure our incorporation is in order as it may have been done in Washington so that we can change it.
      * Colin makes a motion to reimburse Gary for $200 for code signing cert
         * Matthew seconds, carries unanimously
      * Richard to investigate getting a phone number
      * Gary and Ethan to work with Sean and SFLC
   * Gary Mentions 1password account for sharing secrets
      * Colin Seconds
      * Carries unanimously
      * Access will be determined via need to access and determined via email with two directors having access at all times
   * Eion Moves to elect officers
      * Ethan amends the motion to say that he will be closing out the 2017 books by the end of July and get them to Colin at that point
         * Official hand off to Colin to happen when the 2017 books are closed
      * Officers
         * John President
         * Matthew Vice President
         * Ethan as Treasurer until 2017 books are closed (by the end of July)
         * Colin as Treasurer when 2017 books are closed
         * Gary as Secretary
      * Richard ammeds
         * John seconds
         * Carries unanimously
   * Ethan moves to adjourn
      * Gary seconds
      * Carries unanimously
* Meeting ended at 02:39 UTC