- Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
- In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed, respectively.
- For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the meeting begins.
- For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to the email@example.com mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before voting begins.
- For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and closed by the chairperson.
- For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting period opens 3 days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting period closes 7 days (168 hours) after it opens.
This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure of more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum of recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at other times, as deemed necessary.